Nomination for the 1st Students Organization of Kibabii University Constitution (SOKU) Election Positions
Pursuant to the Universities (Amendment) Act (2016) Section 18 Students Organization of Kibabiii University (SOKU) Constitution and the Resolution of Special Senate Meeting held on Wednesday 26th October 2018:
A. The following positions for SOKU Student Council for the year 2018/2019 are declared for the students who wish to contest:
- Vice-Chairperson who shall be of the opposite gender and a running mate of the Chairperson
- Secretary General
- Academic Secretary
- Accommodation and Security Secretary
- Special Interest Secretary whose election shall be done immediately after the above six positions to enable gender parity is attained if need arises.
B. The SEVEN Student Council members will be elected by THREE NOMINEES from each of the following ELECTORAL COLLEGES:
- Faculty of Science Electoral College
- School of Business and Economics Electoral College
- School of Computing and Informatics Electoral College
- Faculty of Education and Social Sciences – Education Arts and Early Childhood Education Group Electoral College
- Faculty of Education and Social Sciences – Education Science; Journalism and Mass Communication; Criminology; and Social Work Group Electoral College
The above FIVE ELECTORAL COLLEGES will nominate their THREE nominees in the following dockets:
- Academic Nominee
- Female Nominee
- Male Nominee
C. The SIXTH ELECTORAL COLLEGE will be The Special Interest Electoral College which will nominate their THREE nominees in the following dockets:
- Postgraduate Students Nominee
- Evening/weekends Students (Formerly Town Learning Centre) Nominee
- Part time Students (formerly School based Students) Nominee
NOTE: The mandate of the Electoral Colleges Nominees will be limited FOR the purpose of electing the Student Council.
Students who wish to contest the above positions should:
- Duly fill the Clearance Form and Nomination Form and return the forms to the Deputy Dean of Students Office.
- Be cleared at all stages as stipulated on the Clearance Form.
Clearance Form and Nomination Form shall be picked from the Deputy Dean of Student’s Office on Thursday 25th October 2018 from 9.00 a.m. and returned by Friday 26th October, 2018 by 12.00 noon.
Interested students are advised to familiarize themselves with the eligibility requirements as per the Universities (Amendment) Act (2016), The Kibabii University Students Handbook and the Kenyan Constitution (2010) and the SOKU Constitution.
Note: The term of leadership is up to the 8th week of second semester of academic year 2018/2019
Download: SOKU CONSTITUTION AS APPROVED BY COUNCIL